I got back from climbing mid-afternoon, and began preparing for mine and Kyles planned bike ride on the JEM trail, which is runs between the SR59/Apple Valley area and SR9/Virgin along the Virgin River. When we arrived at the trailhead, the weather was AWESOME. It was getting later in the afternoon, so we took off right away. The trail was like a big rollercoaster, up and down and up and down. The momentum from the downturns took us up the hills, so very little pedaling was actually required (hey thats my kind of bike ride!). 

We got several miles into the ride, when I stopped to take a rest. My head was throbbing and little blinky-lights were starting to go off in front of my eyes. Kyle admitted he was pretty hungry and shaky too. We decided to ditch the rest of the ride and go find some food and rest. Kyle headed back for the truck and I made my way to the side of the highway and waited there.
Our plan was to head to Springdale for dinner. When we got there, I was not feeling well AT all. A day of over exertion, sun, and lack of food had caught up to me. I chilled out in the truck and tried to nap my headache away. Kyle ordered a pizza and brought it back to the truck. I ate a couple of pieces and went back to sleep as Kyle drove us home. So much for the romantic birthday dinner ;) I was VERY thankful, however, that Kyle was there to take care of me - I don't get sick very often. By the time we got home, I was feeling quite a bit better. We visited some family and cut my super-awesome GREEN lemon birthday cake that Kyle made me :) Check this out, isn't he great?:


2 comments:
Wow, sounds like quite the birthday! I am jealous of the nice weather you have down there. We could probably go snowshoeing outside up here....that is about it. That cake looks yum, I love lemon cake. Glad you had a good one! (other than the sick part.)
What a busy birthday! I am totally there with you about climbing! It is scary, and gives you that "elvis" shaky leg thing, but you get to the top, and it's awesome!
Post a Comment