After hearing my MOST favorite song and my LEAST favorite song both in one day, I decided to list them next to each other just for the heck of it.
My #1, all-time favorite song is "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode. This song speaks to me. It's telling me that silence is beautiful and not to screw it up with meaningless words. Silence is better than saying something stupid or hurtful.
The lyrics are a bit depressing and hopeless but thats part of why I like it :)
"Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable"
The video is even great. Strange but great. It's a little bit surreal, but to me it is depicting a man traversing the world, looking for a place to get away from the noisy-ness of everything, and trying to find a place that he can be king over; to "enjoy the silence." He keeps trying to find that place throughout the video. I think the not-quite subliminal pictures of a rose that keep showing up is kinda cool too. This vid is very "eighties" but thats ok, I grew up in the eighties which makes it part of why I love it. "Come Undone" by Duran Duran is a VERY close second favorite, however.
"Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley is my LEAST favorite song. It really drives me crazy - I can't stand it! I have honestly left restaurants mid-meal and stores while shopping when I hear this song come on the speakers. I hate the whiney, high-pitched chorus. "Does that make me craaaaaazaaayyy...." I scream "YES!", plug my ears, and get out of hearing range as fast as possible.
I'm kind of wondering what everyone else's MOST and LEAST favorite songs are. Therefore, you're TAGGED! Post yours and include a music video if possible - they're fun to watch! :)
2 comments:
Wow, I'm gonna have to think about this one for a bit. I don't know right off. I know I hate the Steamroller Copies commercials!!
I really loved the Depeche Mode music video. It was a great little story of finding the silence. Great inspiration to get outdoors.
Post a Comment