Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Six Things that Make Me Happy

I was tagged by Lindsay Denter

Rules: Link to the person who tagged you.
Write down six things that make you happy.
Tag six other people and let them know you did it.
Post Rules Let the tagger know when you are done.

1. To me, family transcends all else. Take away everything else I have, and as long as I have my family, I will be happy. I didn't always realize they were so important. When I was going through my trying teenage years, I didn't care to see them much. I missed some pretty important times of their lives. I wasn't there for them and I didn't allow them to be there for me. I'm glad I figured things out.

2. Kyle. Girls must be blind and dumb. How did he stay single for so long? I can't believe what a smart, hard-working, thoughtful, skilled, energetic, fun, and good-lookin' guy I found. The older I got, the less I thought I'd have to choose from. Wrong again, me!

3. Being alone in nature, far from roads and cell-phone signals. Using my legs to take me places that people just aren't stupid enough to go. Watching crows circle overhead. Listening to coyotes howl. Standing in a grove of trees or in a meadow, and knowing that I'm the only person to stand there in a long long time. Smelling moss on rock walls. Following a bee around to see where he goes. How can anyone get bored in nature? (If you like the smell of moss too, check this out!)

4. Trials. Hardships & weaknesses. Learning to accept them with an attitude of "what can I learn" rather than "why is this happening to me." Understanding myself a little bit more after each one.

5. Bunnies :) Haha of course. These silent gentle animals are very interesting and therapeutic to me. It's almost common knowledge now, that interacting with pets lower stress levels. I love watching them hop around the yard and beg for treats at the fridge. It's also very rewardng to me to rehabilitate injured, sick, or attitude-problem rabbits.

6. Gardening. Another stress-reducer. Got it from my dad who was a very skilled vegetable gardener (albeit a bit heavy-handed with the chemicals), and was even in the newspaper once with a picture for growing 12-foot high tomato plants. My Mom was the flower gardener, as was her grandmother, and taught me all the names of the flowers, where they grow, and what they like.

I tag Rachelle, Bethany, Monica, Amy, Gilleyweed, and Tracie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog!

Tyler and Monica Runia said...

I like this! I love anything that is positive and uplifting these days! I didn't know you rescued bunnies! That's awesome! I wish I could have pets, I'm just SO allergic!