Friday, March 4, 2011

Fun Spots

Every now and then when both me and Kyle are home, we take the girls out and do something fun. It doesn't happen nearly often enough, but life just feels so happy and cozy when the four of us are out of the house together. Its like.... like we're a family! Sometimes I stop and wonder if this is really my life, my own little family. I wonder where my old life went and WHAT I did with my time before twins. It's pretty cool that we don't really need much else as long as we've all got each other. I haven't felt that way since I was around 12 years old and I had my 5 younger siblings that I was so close to. After I left home and went to college and Japan and other places, I never realized how much I missed that tight-knit family feeling. But now that it's back, I am so happy!

This last week it was fairly warm and so we packed the girls down to the river and let them play in the white sand that was cleaned and made fluffy again by the December flooding. We showed them how to take a stick and draw lines in the sand. They thought that was pretty amazing and tried it for themselves.



 We also went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner one night and, for the first time, ordered the girls their own food! They shared a kids meal and ended up with most of it on the floor but it was fun to eat out with them!









Ivy's hair is finally getting long enough I can put pigtails in it! Jocy is still as bald as they day she was born and I have to make a special effort to stick a bow on her head so that all the old people in the stores don't say "Ohhh how precious... a boy and a girl!" I pulled out my photo albums from when I was a baby to see if I was that bald at a year old and YUP. Sure enough I was hairless as well! I think she is going to have very thick hair like mine, but it's not going to start getting long right away.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love those pigtails. I can't wait for my girls' hair to get long enough to do stuff with. Sadly, we've got months and months to go!