Step 2: Dig the holes 3 times as wide as the rootball and as deep. This part sucked. I ran into a sewer line at one point, and pulled out more rock and pieces of cement slab than I did dirt, I think.
Step 3: Add 1/3 compost back into the hole with 2/3 soil, and a starter fertilizer. Make sure the base of the trunk / start of the rootball is slightly above ground. Mulch the top and build a reservoir wall around each tree.
Step 4: Water them deep the first time and keep the soil moist for a few weeks while they adjust. Oh and try and get a tan on those white legs cause swimsuit season and the beach is coming up fast!




1 comment:
I must say I am a bit jealous of all the yummy fruit you are going to have! I hope your trees do well.
Post a Comment