Monday, March 7, 2011

The Aftermath


Didn't they used to make these Cozy Coupe cars bigger? I always remember me and my sister sharing a ride in one at my Grandma's house when we were young. My baby girls can barely fit in theirs together! 

Uh, Mom. I think she's done.
Kyle is such a good Daddy to these two. After he gets home from work, he takes a turn running them around the house in their car, pushing them on their lions, or playing a game of "chase crawl" while I take a break from babies. I always appreciate that 10 or 15 minutes that I can just check my email, stand on the back porch in silence, or, heck, just use the potty.  
Jocy pushing Ivy
Ok, Ivy, it's Jocy's turn!
Ivy pushing Jocy
All that early book reading that at times I felt was so pointless is starting to pay off. I often catch the girls pulling books out of the baskets and "reading" them themselves. They actually enjoy turning pages and pointing to the animals or people, even without me reading to them.
Ivy composing a piece on her little Melissa and Doug's piano she received for her birthday
What can Ivy do that Jillian Michaels can't? HUAHH! Play a song on the piano WHILE doing static squats! I'm jealous.
We read books after dinner
Sometimes letting them both sit on my lap while we read works. Most of the time they feel the other is invading their personal space and a pushing match ensues. Like this night. So then we take turns at who gets to sit on Mom's lap.
Tonight's books-of-choice include "I'm A Bunny" and "Where's Baby's Belly Button?" And it's Ivy's turn.
Oops, missed the mark.
Heehee - There I got it!
Straw sippy's are MUCH easier than having to tip one's head wayyyy back to drink, especially when the level of liquid gets low in the cup. FYI.

So if I'm out of food....
And I know that Ivy over there has some extra....

....I'll just wait until she's not looking
GO!

1 comment:

Ora said...

they are growing up soo fast! And YES those cars are way skinnier than they used to be!