Thursday, April 23, 2009

The End of April

Spring doesn't last very long here in St. George. And it's so indecisive while it's here. One morning there is frost on the grass, and by noon, the sun is hot enough to melt the chocolate left in the car. By 2pm the clouds have rolled in and snowflakes are falling, and by nightfall, the sky is clear and warming again. The desert just can't decide sometimes.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been snapping a few spring-y pictures when I can. I got a few shots out in the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve, and then a few in my backyard. Some aren't necessarily GOOD shots or artistic in any sense, but they are things I liked and wanted to remember. Like a busy friend that doesn't have time to stay and visit, welcome and goodbye springtime! :)
Red Cliffs Desert Reserve, looking North toward Pine Valley Mtn




Pics taken in my teeny-tiny backyard
Closed Iris
Banks Rose Columbine
The Iris and The Beebox

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Those are great pictures! I love spring in the desert, just glad I dont have to put up with that indecisiveness. We just get a firm, decided winter one day and summer the next.

Linds said...

Misty, you are so so talented! Columbine are my favorite wildflowers, so thank you for including such beautiful photos of them. I think you're right when you say spring has kind of jumped past us and we're headed towards summer---but I'm okay with that :)

You will have a blast in MX. And I promise no one will get shot ;)