
Braving the stormy sky that has been keeping us away from the great outdoors for several weeks, we finally gave up on hoping for nice sunny weather and explored the "Hell Hole Canyon Trail" (hey I didn't name it!) behind Kayenta this weekend. Saturday Kyle, Kalin and I hiked up a couple of miles but had to turn around so I could be back for work on time. On the way back down we ran into a man with a backpack that told us if we had continued up further, the cliffs come together and turn into some really neat "narrows." We were disappointed that we didn't make it up that far, but we decided to come back the next day. On Sunday, us three plus my Mom and her friend Janelle went back up but it was much cloudier and even rained a little bit. We made it a couple miles further up the canyon but were still unable to find the "narrows" the man had told us about. We did find some neat little waterfalls and cool rock formations though. Since Mom had to be back for work this time, we returned again without exploring the entire trail. In a few weeks when it warms up a bit more we want to take some backpacks and tents up the trail and make it an overnighter to see if we can find these "narrows."

Kyle spotted a few quail running around under the bushes.

I only fell down a few times...


Whoa its a cliff. Whoa its a tree. Whoa its a tree next to a cliff.

Cute toosh.

About where we stopped. Wished we coulda continued.

How about you put the camera down and come help me?

Monkey see, monkey do

Found a bit of rabbit fur. *sniff sniff* Guess a coyote ate him.

I knew we shoulda' taken that left turn at
Albuquerque...
Yes my shirt does say "Save a Tree." Unfortunately it looks like the tree is already dead.
2 comments:
I love that red red rock! You'll have to let me know if you ever find them? I remember doing a hike back that way when I six or seven, but don't really remember details.
I love your adventures!
Looks like a great hike. I will be honest, I am jealous of the short sleeves!
Post a Comment