Tonya is an outdoor turtle. She was originally a Christmas present for Tim, but she's lived in my Moms yard (and the surrounding neighbors yards) for upward of 15 years. Earlier this spring, we decided to borrow Tonya for the summer just for fun. We brought her home and ended up putting her in our garden, as it's fenced and keeps her away from the lawnmowers. Over the summer she has helped me keep my garden organic by eating the nasty squash bugs and pill bugs that I'd otherwise have to squish or spray myself (blech!) I have to credit her with most of the work done in the garden this summer! I let her out of the garden every now and then to roam the rest of the yard for a day.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Tonya the Turtle
Tonya is an outdoor turtle. She was originally a Christmas present for Tim, but she's lived in my Moms yard (and the surrounding neighbors yards) for upward of 15 years. Earlier this spring, we decided to borrow Tonya for the summer just for fun. We brought her home and ended up putting her in our garden, as it's fenced and keeps her away from the lawnmowers. Over the summer she has helped me keep my garden organic by eating the nasty squash bugs and pill bugs that I'd otherwise have to squish or spray myself (blech!) I have to credit her with most of the work done in the garden this summer! I let her out of the garden every now and then to roam the rest of the yard for a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Huh, I never would have though a turtle would be a good garden tool...
Post a Comment