I can't believe how that second year flew by. And, my gosh, they are changing so much everyday now. I'm constantly suprised by their new words and skills I didn't even know they had picked up on. They are such good friends now that they are old enough to understand how to play together. Of course they fight, usually over a toy or piece of food, but they forget fast and go right back to playing. Just a bit about each:
24+ lbs
Some of her newest words: flower (wowow), yucky (kucky), ice (iche), no (NO!), good night (nigh nigh), cheese (tchi), ball (baw), peekaboo (peeebo), Elmo/Abby (Ahmo/Ahbee).
Thinks bugs and jellybeans are hilarious.
Wears Moms shoes around the house. And Dads too.
Loves the letters R, M, and W. Carries these 3 magnet letters around with her everywhere she goes and repeats them. "Ahhhrr, Eeeem, Dabooo."
Loves singing the ABC's and tries to join in at P and W. "....P!!!..... Dabo!."
Thinks tears are "kucky" and gets disgusted when tears come out of hers or Jocys eyes.
Loves playing tug o war with Jocelyn and gets laughing so hard she can't run straight and runs into walls.
Likes coloring on paper with crayons, pens, whatever. Likes drawing cirles over and over.
Hates her teeth being brushed.
Loves Sesame Street; Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Abby Cadabby specifically.
Jocelyn
21+ lbs
Some of her newest words: yay (yayyyyy!), okay (oootay), wall (wahw), car (caaah), clock (cack), tortilla (tia), slide (sigh), yucky (kucky), no (NO!), good night (nigh nigh), Elmo/Abby (Ahmo/Ahbee)
Thinks umbrellas are hilarious.
Favorite books are Go Dog Go and No, David. Requests them to be read 30 times a day.
When she gets dirt on her hands or pants she hits it and says "Go! Go!" telling it to go away.
Thinks there is a monster in Mom and Dads closet.
Likes helping Mom sweep the kitchen floor every day with her little broom. Likes helping vacuum too with her little vacuum.
Loves the slide.
Scared of walking on hills.
Loves Sesame Street; Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Abby Cadabby specifically.
Of course I took a boatload of pictures for their birthday. We had a family dinner and then opened gifts, had cake, and played on the little kid rollercoaster they got for their birthday.
| We really do love our Grandpa Lamoreaux even though we don't show it! |
| These are the "Abby Cadabby" wands I made the girls. They LOVE Abby and think her wand is a firework. |
The day before the girls birthday, I ran my first race ever, the Washington City Dogtown half-marathon (13.1 miles). I've been training for awhile but I'm still a newbie so I didn't know what to expect. Therefore my only goal was to finish, and not last. It was really hot and I'd totally overdressed so I was heat-exhausted by the end. I started hurting at about mile 11 but I pushed hard and ended with a time of 2:02, a great pace of 9:22 and a new personal record for me. I love the feeling of testing my physical limits and the exhilaration of giving my 100% and finishing something that was hard to do. I plan on running some more races this spring and summer and then hitting the St George Marathon this fall. My only goals are to finish and improve MY time. I'm racing myself. I'm trying to get Kyle to jump on the running bandwagon with me but he's hard to convince.
![]() |
| Just finished. Overheated and guzzling Gatorade. |
![]() |
| Dancing to some Def Leppard "Animal" with J |
Sharing Gatorade with the girls.





3 comments:
Cute cupcakes! Wish we could have been there! Good job on the race!
your girls are adorable. it looks like you guys had a blast of a party!
congrats again on your run! you truly are an inspiration!
Misty - Congrats on your run!
And, I can't believe how fast time is flying by and your girls are 2 already! Holy Smokes!
Post a Comment