I feel like such a Scrooge this year!When I said to Kyle a few weeks ago "Lets not get a Christmas tree this year," he looked at me intently for a few moments and then asked "Is everything ok?"
Usually by the day after Thanksgiving, the house is decked in red and green, the lights are up outside, and we're headed northbound to hunt for a tree. But this year everything seems like such a hassle. The second week of December is flying by and the decorations are all still in boxes. I keep going out in the garage and opening a lid and then thinking, "Nah. I'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow." And then when I thought about putting a tree in, and fighting with lights and pine needles and... yeah. No. Lets skip it this year.
One of the reasons is that I've been on graveyard shift, which isn't so great for the energy level. I've also been going to school during the day, which causes me to have to split my sleep day into short 2-4 hour increments. The last few weeks have also brought on the end-of-semester pressure, when all the 10 page research papers, in class presentations, and other junk is due. Lately, I'm either at home on the computer, on campus on a computer, or at work on a computer. I haven't gone to the gym, I haven't played guitar, and I haven't done any of the other things that keep me sane. Along with school, the Mom-and-Dad-Divore-Drama (aka MADDD) has also been taking it's toll. And I also suppose I'm a little sad that at there is no little one to buy presents for this year.
Kyle, love him for it, has seen my stress and has taken over housework completely (he normally does his fair share of it anyway). He's also been running errends for me and has been making sure that I'm eating. I'd be a lot more stressed if it wasn't for him.
Thankfully, the last of the school projects were due today so much of the pressure is off. Also the end of the semester is next week, so I've got final tests and I'm done! Yessss! I'm also changing to swing shift (4pm-midnight) at the end of December, and that will help me get back to a normal lifestyle.
Kyle's birthday is on the 20th, and we're going to get out of town and head up to Clinton to stay with Kyle's mom and Lloyd. That will be a nice break too. Trenton will be going with us to do a lot of his mission shopping, and I'll get a chance to do some Christmas shopping! We want to visit temple square while we're there and see the lights too. Maybe... possibly... that will get me into the Christmas spirit. I mean, how could it not? :)
1 comment:
Wow Misty. I think you have every right to be a scrooge this year! Sounds like you need an extra double spiked dose of egg nog. Hang in there girl!!! It must be stressful if YOU are boycotting decorations....
Post a Comment