Thursday, September 25, 2008

TTC Troubles...

It's strange... I went through my adolescent and young adult years hearing so much about how to NOT become pregnant, that I assumed it would happen so easily when I tried. Now that we're ready to have a family, and after more than a year of being patient, we've begun to get a little worried. Things appear to be normal but (considering family and personal history), I've got an appointment toward the end of October anyway. We get so much mixed advice from people. Some say, "Don't stress it! Enjoy the childless time while you can!" and others say "Children are your goal. Family is your purpose in life. Don't wait." My opinion, however, falls kind of in the middle on this subject. I'm not ready to do the whole take-my-temperature-track-my-days-thing (mostly 'cause its too much work and seems so calculating :), but I'd like be more proactive. I get confused though at where it's Gods role and where it's my role. Should I go to extremes? Or should I be patient and take the stance, "It will happen when it happens?"

5 comments:

Whitey said...

heya misty all i can can say to you guys is be patient, so many of my friends have had problems with it, i feel its just part of life!! it will come to you guys =) i would do what you feel you need to do everyone has there opinions about what will help and what wont!! lol and ya ppl will never stop how awesome families are...lol i still get the whole marriage speach and how i need to get to it!! :) anyway it will happen!! i love you guys and take care!!

Misty said...

Thanks you rock! And just so you know, I'm still keeping an eye out for ya on the girl thing. (It's not easy to find semi-normal ones anymore, is it? :)

Rachel said...

All I can say is, The Lord works in mysterious ways! When the time is right, you'll get knocked up. I do agree, however, to go to the doctor and make sure everything is okay. I also agree that you should enjoy the kid-less times while you can, but I can hardly remember those times now - and it seems like my girls were always with me. I can't imagine life without them - although, sometimes it's nice to drop them off at Grandmas! ;)

Ora said...

Hang in there Misty. Hopefully you will get good news before your dr's apt.... wouldn't that be nice. Try not to stress out too much, but I remember how hard that is. If you aren't ready to chart and all that business you can do a modified version (which is what I did this last time and it worked...) Give me a call sometime :)

Anonymous said...

rigid fixes claimed lawn biking enough fictitious hussain texture collegiate occupied
lolikneri havaqatsu