Thursday, August 28, 2008

And this is why I love my job...

Kyle and the SGPD S.W.A.T. team assisted the DEA in seizing tens of thousands of marijuana plants from the Pine Valley Mountain Wilderness. Starting yesterday morning at first light, they hiked two hours into a rugged deep canyon at the north fork of the Santa Clara River. They searched and found four seperate grows with elaborate irrigation systems set up to water the plants. The did not, however, find anyone in the canyon (to Misty's relief), although there were signs of recent camping. They spent the rest of the day, and today, pulling, bundling, and loading the huge plants into the helicopter hoist to be lifted out. He might have been sore and worn out from the hike, but, needless to say, Kyle came home with a biiiiig smile on his face that night.

2 comments:

Gulzar said...

loved all the posts! you guys having so much fun!

all the best!
will look out for more of your newbie posts!

regards dear!
cheers!

Ora said...

That's why I love this job too... but you seem to have more fun than I do! Glad you found me... I am really new at this, so we'll see how I do!